CODE OF CONDUCT
The mission of the Chicago Sport and Social Club (CSSC) is to promote competition and athleticism through sportsmanship and fair play. Our leagues/events should be played with good sportsmanship. Although competition may become intense, we expect our participants to be competitive while maintaining good sportsmanship. Sports are filled with competition, interpretations and judgment calls and, as a result, disputes between players and officials may occur from time to time. However, it is important that participants respect and handle all disputes that may occur in a civilized manner.
As a participant in any Chicago Sport and Social Club league, tournament or event, I pledge to be responsible for my words and actions and shall abide by the following Code of Conduct.
• Respect the game, play fairly and follow all rules and policies.
• Accept the decisions of CSSC officials with good grace.
• Demonstrate good sportsmanship before, during and after games to both opponents and all CSSC officials whether my team wins or loses.
• Be responsible for the sportsmanship of my teammates and assist in maintaining a respectful environment for all participants.
• Be courteous to opposing teams, officials, monitors or facilitators and treat all players and CSSC officials with respect.
• Help to maintain and keep all equipment and conditions at the facility I play at in good condition.
• Respect the privilege of the use of the host facilities including: obeying all facility rules; caring for and respecting all equipment, common areas, playing areas, parking areas, and surrounding neighborhoods.
• Refrain from the use of abusive language or profanity.
• Not engage in any behavior which would endanger the health, safety or well being of any player, official, staff member or facility.
• Not engage in verbal, written, or physical threats or abuse aimed at any participant, official or staff member.
• Not initiate a fight, scuffle or exchange with any participant, or staff member/official. This includes but is not limited to: pushing, shoving, punching, etc.
• Not use alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs at any location unless otherwise specified/notified (eg. The league is held at a bar or serves alcohol).
• Wear/use all required and issued equipment and/or uniforms.
I understand that any behavior deemed unacceptable by CSSC may result in suspension and/or ejection from a game or the league. CSSC reserves the right to remove a player from a game or a league if they are considered to be displaying poor sportsmanship contrary to the Code of Conduct. CSSC will not tolerate fighting! Fighting will be an automatic ejection from any game and in most cases ejection from the league for the remainder of the season. All decisions made by on-site CSSC officials will be final and must be respected and obeyed. Any disputes or issues you may have with a rule, player, team or staff member/official should be brought immediately to the attention of CSSC office.